Based in Seattle, WA
Captain Forever Remix is a 2D action roguelike where you create a spaceship and blast apart randomly-generated enemies for spare parts. You better build a pretty tough ship, because you're gonna need it. Your mutant little brother is being a total butthead and must be stopped! He froze the Sun, poked out Jupiter's eye, drank Neptune's oceans, and cracked Earth like an egg! Set off across a messed-up Solar System to put a stop to the big jerkface once & for all! Captain Forever Remix is a love letter to what it was like growing up in the early 90's, when games looked way cooler in your imagination than they did on the screen. You dreamed under a glow-in-the-dark sticker sky about whatever it was you'd played that day on your aging beige PC. It was the golden-age of Nickelodeon cartoons, and Ren & Stimpy was banned at home so you watched at your friend's house. You'd spot bizarre imagery and characters on gig posters plastered on the telephone poles down by the takeout shop, and wonder what that's all about. Your memory is a bit hazy, but you're pretty sure that Captain Forever was one of the coolest things to be into. Captain Forever Remix is also a love letter to Tardigrades, because tardigrades are amazing. Captain Forever Remix is an official update to the first two games in the Captain Forever series (Captain Forever and Captain Successor) and is being built with the blessing of (and input from) the original creator Farbs.
The original Captain Forever was released in 2009 by Farbs, when he and Dean were both working at Irrational Games Australia. It won a bunch of awards including "Best Game" at IGF China in 2009, and was played and enjoyed by tons of people, including Dean, who spent many, many hours fine-tuning his ship design and hunting down Peacekeepers. Farbs continued to work on the Captain Forever series over the years, including the direct sequel "Successor," and a couple of larger expansions to the original concept. It's now 2014. Dean and Brian approached Farbs a little while back about making Captain Forever Remix, and he loved the idea. The plan is for Remix to remain true to all of the gameplay elements that made Forever and Successor so incredibly unique and charming, and expand on it in ways that don't break the magic formula. It's time for a new generation of indie game lovers to be introduced to and enjoy Captain Forever in a whole new way!
- Build your ship bit-by-bit: Protect your Command Core with bulkheads, weapons, & boosters to customize your ship. Every piece you add affects your ship's movement, combat capabilities, and armor.
- Plunder enemies for new parts: Every enemy ship is randomly generated and presents a unique combat challenge. Go in guns blazing or pick them apart carefully so that the leftover bits can be grafted to your ship!
- Choose your tools: Obliterate your enemies with prismatic lasers and sniper beams or shred them to pieces with the ripsaw. Make the fastest ship in the Solar System with uniboosters and twin thrusters, protect it with bubble shields, repair cores, and tons more!
- Captain Forever - Remixed: Experience all-new gameplay that wasn't in the original cult-hit Captain Forever. Earn special bonuses, unlock new starter kits & special abilities, discover new ship modules, and fight powerful Bounty Hunters.
- A new look, a new universe: Remix features a completely new art style that draws inspiration from the 1990's heyday of amazing & weird cartoons. Tour a Solar System in disarray as you set out to put a stop to the insane shenanigans of your mutant little brother & get payback!
Early Access Launch Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
Pixelsaurus Games allows for the contents of Captain Forever Remix to be published through video broadcasting services for any commercial or non-commercial purposes. Monetization of videos created containing assets from Captain Forever Remix is legally & explicitly allowed by Pixelsaurus Games. This permission can be found in writing at http://captainforeverremix.com/presskit/sheet.php?p=captain_forever_remix.
Captain Forever Remix on Steam
Get Captain Forever Remix on Steam: store.steampowered.com.
Captain Forever Remix on Facebook
Visit Captain Forever Remix on Facebook: facebook.com.
Follow Dean at twitter.com.
Follow Brian at twitter.com.
About Pixelsaurus Games
Dean Tate worked with Irrational Games for 7 years and was a senior designer on BioShock 1 & 2. He then spent a few years at Harmonix Music Systems, and was lead designer on the original Dance Central. He founded Pixelsaurus Games in late 2013, and his first release was Captain Bubblenaut for iOS.
More information on Pixelsaurus Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Captain Forever Remix Credits
Composer and sound design